Now, when the day of Pentecost had come Jerusalem was filled with pious Jews and proselytes from many lands.
The Christines all were met and were in perfect harmony. And as they sat in silent prayer they heard a sound a-like the distant murmur of a coming storm. The sound grew louder still, until, like thunder peals, it filled the room where the apostles sat. A brilliant light appeared, and many thought, The building is afire. Twelve balls, that seemed like balls of fire, fell from heaven–a ball from every sign of all the circle of the heavens, and on the head of each apostle there appeared a flaming ball of fire. And every ball sent seven tongues of fire toward heaven, and each apostle spoke in seven dialects of earth. (Aquarian Gospel 182:1-7)
I knew an Eastern Orthodox priest who could prove that one of his ancestors was present at Pentecost, but he knew no more of the event than the official account. But here we learn more of the descent of the Holy Spirit on that day when the earth itself was initiated into the path of Christhood. For the speaking of many languages was a sign that all humanity was destined to follow that path, whatever the religion might be to which they would belong. For Christ is God and belongs to all religions no matter what name they may ascribe to him. Jesus is a teacher of all mankind, as are the other great world teachers God has sent into the world.
The ignorant rabble treated lightly what they heard and saw; they said, These men are drunk, and know not what they say. But men of learning were amazed; they said, Are not these men who speak all Jews? how is it that they speak in all the languages of earth?
And Peter said, You people of Jerusalem, and you who live beyond the city’s gates; Peace be to you, and all mankind. This is the time that holy men of old desired to see, by faith they saw this hour, and now they stand with us in ecstasy. The prophet Joel in olden times told of the things you see and hear. The Holy Breath spoke with his tongue and said, And it shall come to pass in latter days, that I will breathe upon the sons of men, and fill them with the blessedness of holiness. Your sons and daughters will stand forth and prophesy; your young men will be seers; your old men will dream dreams. And I will show wonders in the heavens above, and marvelous signs in earth. Sounds will proceed from heaven and voices will be heard that men will fail to comprehend. The sun will fail to shine; the moon will wade in blood before the coming of the great day of the Lord. And it will come to pass that they who call upon the name of God in faith shall be redeemed.
This is the day of Christine power; the day that he, the man from Galilee, is glorified. He came as a babe in Bethlehem and from his day of birth the kings of earth went forth intent to take his life. God held him in the hollow of his hand.
Men called him Jesus, and they called him well, for he was sent to seek and save the lost. And Jesus grew to manhood and was subject unto all trials and temptations of the sons of men, that he might know the loads that men must bear, and know the way to succour them.
In distant lands he lived and by the sacred Word he healed the sick, threw prison doors ajar, and set the prisoners free, and everywhere he was proclaimed, Immanuel. But wicked men despised him and rejected him, and by bribed men they proved him guilty of a score of crimes; and in the presence of a multitude of men who hear me now, they nailed him to a cross; they sealed him with the seal of death; but death was all too weak to hold him in the tomb and when immortal masters said, Adon Mashich Cumi, he burst the bands of death, and rose again to life.
He showed himself alive, not only to the rulers in Jerusalem, but to the many in the distant parts of earth; and then, before the wondering eyes of many who now hear me speak, attended by a retinue of courtiers of the angel world, he ascended to the throne of God. And being now exalted high, and having breathed to full the Holy Breath, he breathes again on us, and thus sheds forth what you now see and hear.
You men of Israel, Know that God has made this man from Galilee whom you abused and crucified, both Lord and Christ. (Aquarian Gospel 182:8-31)
Peace be to you, and all mankind. All true religion speaks to the whole world, not just to its official members. And in time it must be realized that true religion is one and transcends all distinctions, that a real seeker of God belongs to all religions and cannot be limited to one.
This is the time that holy men of old desired to see, by faith they saw this hour, and now they stand with us in ecstasy. Be means of his newly empowered and expanded consciousness Saint Peter could see the astral bodies of the ancient prophets and teachers that had foreseen the new birth the world was that day given. Even more were gathered there in subtle bodies than those in physical bodies.
And it will come to pass that they who call upon the name of God in faith shall be redeemed. It is usually supposed that it is the name of Jesus that will guarantee salvation, but Peter was speaking much more broadly. Those who call on God in faith shall find the way to liberation.
And Jesus grew to manhood and was subject unto all trials and temptations of the sons of men, that he might know the loads that men must bear, and know the way to succour them. Jesus was not God magically pretending to be human, but a true human being who showed that all humanity are not men but sleeping gods. Awake in God Consciousness he showed the way that others might attain the same.
In distant lands he lived and by the sacred Word he healed the sick, threw prison doors ajar, and set the prisoners free. By the name of Christ, Jesus manifested the Christ and himself became a Christ. And that name is Om.
Having breathed to full the Holy Breath. This is the process of salvation, of baptism in the Holy Spirit by means of which perfect union with God is accomplished. It is through spiritual practice (tapasya), through Om Yoga, that we become one with the Infinite.
And then the people said, What shall we do?
And Peter said, This Christine Lord has sent us forth to open up the gates of dawn. Through Christ all men may enter into light and life.
The Christine Church stands on the postulates that Jesus is the love of God made manifest; that love is savior of the sons of men. This Christine Church is but the kingdom of the Holy One within the soul, made manifest. This day the Christine Church is opened up, and whosoever will may enter in, and, by the boundless grace of Christ, be saved.
Again the people said, How may we enter in that we may share the boundless grace of Christ?
And Peter said, Reform and be baptized, and turn away from sin and lead the life deep hid with Christ in God, and you shall enter in and be redeemed. Three thousand people turned away from sin and were baptized and sought to lead the life deep hid with Christ in God. And in one day the Christine Church became a mighty power; and Christ became a mighty word that thrilled the multitudes in many lands. (Aquarian Gospel 182:32-40)
This Christine Lord has sent us forth to open up the gates of dawn. Becoming a Christine is just the beginning of the beginning. Discipleship is just the dawn, and all must pursue it unto the fullness of day, unto the state of conscious oneness with God. Many think that believing and confessing seal the matter, but they are mistaken. The life of Christ must be lived.
Through Christ all men may enter into light and life. By rising to Christhood and uniting with Christ, the individual spirit enters into the Light and Life of the Trinity, becoming one with the Father and the Holy Spirit as well.
The Christine Church stands on the postulates that Jesus is the love of God made manifest; that love is savior of the sons of men. Exoteric Christians have wrangled for centuries over the question as to whether man is saved by faith or works. But according to Saint Peter both ideas are wrong. Man is saved by love: by loving the God who is love and by whose love all are saved. The answer is not in belief and not even in worship, but in loving God. “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind” (Matthew 22:37).
This Christine Church is but the kingdom of the Holy One within the soul, made manifest. The true Church is spirit and is within. It is no institution, but Divine Life itself. It cannot be joined; it can only be lived.
How may we enter in that we may share the boundless grace of Christ? The Christine Church is not really a religion. It is participation in “the boundless grace of Christ.” It is the only true life, the life in God.
Reform and be baptized, and turn away from sin and lead the life deep hid with Christ in God, and you shall enter in and be redeemed. Right away the life must be altered to conform with the principles of spiritual life. Baptism is not a magical rite that makes someone a Christine. Rather: “Now the Christine gate is opened up, and washing is established as the pledge of your discipleship. Until this age shall close this pledge shall be a rite, and shall be called, Baptism rite; and it shall be a sign to men, and seal to God of men’s discipleship” (Aquarian Gospel 78:10, 11). Those who would be disciples of Jesus, knowers of God, must be yogis, for only yogis “lead the life deep hid with Christ in God.” Then they can “enter in and be redeemed” and brought back into conscious sonship of God.
And in one day the Christine Church became a mighty power; and Christ became a mighty word that thrilled the multitudes in many lands. The fullness of this “day” has only just dawned. It is the Aquarian Age in which the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ can finally be understood and followed. In those lands that long have claimed to be Christian the true Gospel of Christ can now be known and recognized as Saint Augustine wrote in the fourth century: “The identical thing that we now call the Christian religion existed among the ancients and has not been lacking from the beginnings of the human race.” Jesus brought it to the West from India where it originated and still flourishes. It is not new; it is eternal; it is Sanatana Dharma.
And now our journey through the Aquarian Gospel together is completed. For me it has been a great privilege to ponder and comment on the magnificent gift God has given to the world through Levi Dowling. I hope it has been the same for you.
The Aquarian Gospel—Commentary and Text
The Aquarian Gospel for Yogis—A Commentary on the Aquarian Gospel
by Abbot George Burke (Swami Nirmalananda Giri)
- The Mother of Jesus
- Prophecies of the Births of Saint John the Baptist and Jesus
- The Birth of Jesus
- Revelations in the Temple
- Coming of the Wise Men
- Herod’s Reaction
- Revelations in Egypt
- The Two Selfs
- Deliverance From Gods and Demons
- About God the Tao
- From India to Chaldea
- The Wisdom of Buddha
- God and Prayer
- The Mission of Jesus and John the Baptist
- Sin and the Forgiveness of Sin
- The Universal Law of Man’s Free Will and the Divine Will For Man
- Understanding Death
- The True Teacher
- The Value of Ritual
- The Law Behind All Laws
- Opening To The Truth
- In the Temple at the Age of Ten
- Revelation to the Teachers and People in the Temple
- Jerusalem to Nazareth
- Nazareth to India
- What is Truth?
- What Is Man?
- What is Power?
- Healing and Healers
- Conflict Over Caste
- The Destiny of All Men
- God and Man
- The Voice in the Heart
- Seeing the Unseeable
- To God Through Man
- Who Is Jesus?
- The Real Versus The Apparent
- The Brotherhood of Life
- God…and Man
- Relating To God
- The Worthy Host
- Come to the Light
- The Kingdom Revealed
- The King Revealed
- Perspective On Death
- Fire and Sword
- Evolution: The Path of Glory
- The Real Heaven
- Getting to the Essence
- New Perspective on Religion
- In Tibet and Ladakh
- Words to the Worthy
- The Thirty-Eighth Chapter
- The Origin of Evil
- The Silence
- The Source of Healing
- The Fivefold Gospel
- In Athens
- The Oracle of Delphi
- The Real God
- Return to Egypt
- First Steps to Wisdom
- Strong in Will and Intent
- Here Comes the Ego
- Blessed are the Merciful
- Claiming Our Freedom
- The Great Test
- Comprehending Death
- The Christ!
- The Asembly of the Masters
- The Seven Pillars of the Aquarian Age – I
- The Seven Pillars of the Aquarian Age – II
- The Declaration of Jesus
- John the Baptist – I
- John the Baptist – II
- John the Baptist – III
- Baptism – Jesus and John
- Self-Examination and Temptation
- The First Disciples Follow Jesus
- Jesus’ First Sermon
- The King and the Kingdom
- Dealing With Challengers
- The First Miracle of Jesus
- Kings and Kingdoms
- The Temple of God
- What Is A Messiah?
- The Laws of Healing
- Nicodemus Finds The Kingdom
- The Prince of Peace
- Dealing With Spiritual Opposition
- The Opened Gate
- John the Baptist Speaks of the Christ
- John Speaks Further About Jesus
- The Woman at the Well
- The Disciples and Samaritans at the Well
- Jesus in Sychar
- More Wisdom In Samaria
- The Imprisonment of John the Baptist
- In Jerusalem
- The Insights of Jesus
- Sabbath Wisdom
- Prayer and Good Deeds
- Divine Laws and Principles for Seekers of the Divine
- A New Understanding of the Ten Commandments
- Aspects of the Higher Law – 1
- Aspects of the Higher Law – 2
- Aspects of the Higher Law – 3
- Aspects of the Higher Law – 4
- Chapter One Hundred One
- Chapter One Hundred Two
- Chapter One Hundred Three
- Chapter One Hundred Four
- Chapter One Hundred Five
- Chapter One Hundred Six
- Chapter One Hundred Seven
- Chapter One Hundred Eight
- Chapter One Hundred Nine
- Chapter One Hundred Ten
- Chapter One Hundred Eleven
- Chapter One Hundred Twelve
- Chapter One Hundred Thirteen
- Chapter One Hundred Fourteen
- Chapter One Hundred Fifteen
- Chapter One Hundred Sixteen
- Chapter One Hundred Seventeen
- Chapter One Hundred Eighteen
- Chapter One Hundred Nineteen
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty One
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Two
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Three
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Four
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Five
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Six
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Seven
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Eight
- Chapter One Hundred Twenty Nine
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty One
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Two
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Three
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Four
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Five
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Six
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Seven
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Eight
- Chapter One Hundred Thirty Nine
- Chapter One Hundred Forty
- Chapter One Hundred Forty One
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Two
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Three
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Four
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Five
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Six
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Seven
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Eight
- Chapter One Hundred Forty Nine
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-One
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Two
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Three
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Four
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Five
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Six
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Seven
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Eight
- Chapter One Hundred Fifty-Nine
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty One
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Two
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Three
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Four
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Five
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Six
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Seven
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Eight
- Chapter One Hundred Sixty Nine
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy One
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Two
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Three
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Four
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Five
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Six
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Seven
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Eight
- Chapter One Hundred Seventy Nine
- Chapter One Hundred Eighty
- Chapter One Hundred Eighty One
- Chapter One Hundred Eighty Two
The Text of the Aquarian Gospel—by Levi Dowling
- Part 1 of the Aquarian Gospel: Birth and Early Life of Mary, Mother of Jesus, and Birth and Infancy of the Harbinger, and of Jesus
- Part 2 of the Aquarian Gospel: Education of Mary and Elizabeth
- Part 3 of the Aquarian Gospel: Childhood and Early Education of John the Harbinger, and Childhood and Early Education of Jesus
- Part 4 of the Aquarian Gospel: Life and Works of Jesus in India
- Part 5 of the Aquarian Gospel: Life and Works of Jesus in Western India, Tibet, Persia, Assyria, and Greece
- Part 6 of the Aquarian Gospel: Life and Works of Jesus in Egypt
- Part 7 of the Aquarian Gospel: The Council of the Seven Sages; The Ministry of John the Harbinger
- Part 8 of the Aquarian Gospel: The Christine Ministry of Jesus–The First Annual Epoch
- Part 9 of the Aquarian Gospel: The Christine Ministry of Jesus–The Second Annual Epoch
- Part 10 of the Aquarian Gospel: The Christine Ministry of Jesus–The Third Annual Epoch
- Part 11 of the Aquarian Gospel: The Betrayal, Arrest, Trial, and Execution of Jesus
- Part 12 of the Aquarian Gospel: The Resurrection and Appearances of Jesus–Establishment of the Christine Church