We are happy to announce that we have launched The Christ of India: The Story of Saint Thomas Christianity on Amazon.com and other online book retailers in print and ebook formats. For a limited time the Kindle version is available for only 99¢. The print version, a 6×9 paperback with 100 pages, is $8.95. Discover more below.
The Christ of India: The Story of Saint Thomas Christianity
The unique story of Jesus, Saint Thomas his Apostle, and how the Dharma of India became part of Saint Thomas Christianity
There is a strong connection between Jesus and India, both historically and philosophically. And his disciple, Saint Thomas, who was the apostle of India, built upon the foundation of that connection. The result is that unique form of Christianity known as Saint Thomas Christianity.
In The Christ of India, Abbot George Burke presents the growing evidence that Jesus spent much of his “Lost Years” in India and Tibet, and reveals the philosophical unity of Jesus’ teachings with the Eternal Way of Truth known in India as Sanatana Dharma. The history of Saint Thomas Christianity from the times of Jesus and Saint Thomas to the present day is also outlined.
The Christ of India: The Story of Saint Thomas Christianity includes the following:
- The Christ of India, about the Essene roots of Jesus and the early Christians; the spiritual training of Jesus; The “lost years” of Jesus, with much information never before gathered together in one place; Jesus’ return to the West, and how his teachings were misunderstood; Jesus’ return to India after his resurrection; and much more.
- The Apostle of India, about how Jesus’ apostle Saint Thomas went to India, and how the Christianity which grew up in India had a totally unique character compared to elsewhere in the world; the history of Saint Thomas Christianity in India and the story of mission from the Church of India to America in the 1800’s and what happened to it.
- Basic Beliefs of Saint Thomas Christianity, and
- The Saint Thomas Christian View of Dharma
You will learn about the Tibetan and Indian manuscripts which proved Jesus lived in the “East” and the efforts to suppress the news of their discovery.
You will learn about the Indian Saint Thomas Christian bishop of the 18th century who taught karma and reincarnation, who later became a wonderworking saint revered by Christians, Hindus, and Muslims alike.
And much more.
Those who find themselves attracted to both Jesus and the Dharma of India will find this book fascinating and illuminating.
Would you like to help us get the word out about book?
Here are five ways:
- Buy the book. At 99¢, you can’t lose.
- Review the book on Amazon.com (and Goodreads, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and other online retailers).
- Tell your friends.
- Share the news about this release on your Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ and other social media accounts, using the share buttons on this page.
- Do you have a blog or website? We will send you a copy to review, and a copy to offer to your readers—two copies for free. Just contact us at simeon(at)ocoystage.wpengine.com, provide a link to your site, promise to review the book, tell us where to send the books, and we will get the copies to you.